Enjoy a loose watercolor coastal landscape video demo where I create an expressive painting using inspiration image. To make it work I’ve tweaked a few things in order to develop a better composition. I’ll cover those changes later on, but for now go ahead and watch the video demo.
Changes Made To Make This Landscape Work
- Eliminated the distant middle ground dwellings and strip of land
- Remover the foreground bush that covered the building.
- I rearranged the building so that it helps keep the eyes in the picture frame
- Cropped the sky and right side of photo to help simplify the composition
- Decided to make the water choppy and indicate a few boats
- Added a few figures
Materials used in the demo
Materials used in this watercolor demo are as follows:
- Holbein paints; Cadmium red light, alizarin crimson, Cobalt blue, ultramarine blue, cadmium yellow lemon, yellow ochre, burnt sienna, neutral tint
- Brushes – Princeton Neptune pointed round #12, #6, Rigger #3/4″, Silver brush black velvet jumbo (medium)
- Paper; Fabriano Artistico, bright white, 140 lb. cold press 11″ x 14″